The website I am working on is for entering a contest.
I have two issues that I am trying to resolve. First, I am having trouble with pulling the correct data from the db tables. Each entry is given a unique entry number. Those unique numbers show up fine in the database, but not when the data is pulled into the front end display, it is a completely different number. other data is jumbling together with different tables.
See attached screenshot of data base, and then see the frontend display here
The goal here is to have the plugin identically display the contents of the database.
Attached files: Screenshot 2018-08-10 10.47.20.png
Hi E Scott Espenshade,Thank you for your purchase.
Please provide me a temporary WP-admin login for your site where this happens, so we could log in and take a look ‘from the inside’ as that’s the most efficient way to see and resolve the issue. We do not interfere with any data or anything else except for the plugin (in case that’s a production version of the site), and of course we do not provide login data to third party. You can write credentials here just check Private Reply so nobody can see them except us.
Also point me to the table ID so I can take a look.
Check out our new Support Help Center!
Check out our newest product - Amelia - Enterprise-Level WordPress Appointment Booking Plugin - promo price for launch period!
Kind Regards,Bogdan Radusinovicbogdan@touchmesoft.net
HI E Scott Espenshade,
As I can see you are using 2.2.2 version of our plugin and we released 2.2.3 version.
Can you please update the plugin to 2.2.3 version and tell me do you still have the same issue.
Please take a look at our documentation where you can see how you can successfully update the plugin.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT delete the old version from WP-admin (by clicking “Delete” in the plugins page). If you do, you will lose all your tables!
You can follow this guide :
1.) Download zip from this link
2.) Use FTP to open /yourwordpressfolder/wp-content/plugins
3.) Delete existing wpdatatables folder.
4.) Upload previously downloaded wpdatatables folder through FTP to plugins folder (unzip it)
5.) Go to WP-admin panel, open Plugins section.
6.) Deactivate wpDataTables, and then activate it again.
Thank you for trying, but that didn't change anything. I did everything you asked, in the order you requested.
The plugin still pulls incorrect data, jumbles two different entries together, assigns random numeric values to the id column & groups entries out of order. I believe the "ID" issue is throwing the rest of the data "out of whack"
Please see attached.
Attached files: Random-Number.jpg
Hi E Scott Espenshade,
It looks like the issue is when there is more then one table to select from
in your example
FROM entries, entry_projects
Can you please tell me did you used the 5th option from the table wizard or the 1st one?
Thank for the fast response. I used 5th option.
Ok, If you take a look at our documentation about table constructor ( the 5th option) you will see this notice.
Please note that MySQL query constructor is not an ‘ultimate generator’, it should be treated as helper for constructing a suggestion of a query, by trying to ‘guess’ what you want. We are constantly working to improve it, but SQL is such a complicated and flexible language that fully automating the process for constructing queries is hardly possible. Consequently, the more complicated your request is, the higher is the probability that it will not return exactly what you need. Play around with the resulting query to achieve better results.
As for this case there is a workaround.If your MySQL-query based wpDataTable doesn’t work correctly with server-side processing, probably this is happening because wpDataTables server has problems with parsing of the query and building new queries dynamically (happens rarely, but does sometimes). To avoid this please prepare a MySQL view (a stored query), which will return the data that you need, call it e.g. “view1” and then build a wpDataTabled based on a simple query like “SELECT * FROM view1″.
Also please try to execute the same query ( the one that you created a table from, with 2 tablesex. FROM entries, entry_projects ) in phpmyadmin and see if the result will be good.
I assume that the result will be the same with the duplicated entries.